The best artificial grass for your backyard will bring life and color to your property.
Do you enjoy having lush, green grass, but you live somewhere that’s too dry, or you simply don’t have time to maintain a healthy lawn? The best artificial grass for your backyard can help provide your property with the aesthetics and functionality you’re looking for with little to no maintenance.
There are a few different artificial grass types, and finding the best one for your back yard will depend on your specific wants and needs. Perhaps you are looking for a realistic artificial grass replacement, or maybe you want something that’s ideal for dogs and other pets. Or, maybe you live in a state like Arizona that is very hot and dry, so you need artificial grass that can withstand triple-digit temperatures.
No matter what you need, we’ve got a solution.
Artificial Grass Types
There are three popular options for artificial grass types. Each type has slight differences in durability, aesthetic, and intended use. Carefully read the details below for each major type to make the best decision for your property and lifestyle.
- Nylon: Nylon is the most durable artificial grass type. It will last through seasons with heavy rainfall and extremely hot temperatures (like monsoon season in Arizona) and still maintain its integrity. On the other hand, nylon artificial grass is pretty stiff and uncomfortable to walk on with bare feet. This option might be best for property owners that want the aesthetic that grass gives but won’t use it for recreational purposes (unless you own a golf course!), or want a dedicated grassy area for pets.
- Polypropylene: Polypropylene is another artificial grass type that is best for aesthetics over function. The material is cost-efficient, so it’s suitable for covering large areas, but the material is not durable. Extreme temperatures, pets, and foot traffic can easily damage polypropylene grass. This might not be the best artificial grass for your backyard unless you’re using it for a model home in an area with mild temperatures year-round.
- Polyethylene: Polyethylene grass is the most realistic artificial grass on the market. It’s natural look and feel make it one of the highest rated artificial grasses for homes and businesses. This is a great option for property owners in Arizona because it can withstand heat, it offers the aesthetic of real grass, and it doesn’t have to be watered or mowed.
No matter which artificial grass type you select, there are customization options to make sure you get the most out of your artificial grass.
Different artificial grass types come with customizable features that will make your artificial grass installation perfect for your property.
- Pile Height. The pile height refers to the height of your artificial grass. Something with a shorter pile would be best for an area dedicated to dogs. Medium pile height (30mm-37mm) is the most realistic artificial grass. Anything too long may flatten over time and look unkept.
- Color. You can select the exact shade of green you prefer for your lawn (lime, olive, forest, etc.) or fun colors like pink, or blue. Artificial grass types that are unconventional colors could be great for pool areas or day cares.
- UV-Stabilized. A must for artificial grass types that will be installed outside, especially if you live in a hot and sunny state like Arizona.
- Fiber Absorbency. If you have pets at home, you might want to consider artificial grass that is not absorbent. Otherwise, it might begin to smell.
- Non-Flammable. Non-flammable artificial grass is very important for properties in hot and dry areas or yards that will be used for grilling.
- Heat-Resistant. If you live in the southeast or southwest, you want to consider artificial grass with high heat resistance so the material won’t melt during the summer.
- Perforation. Perforated artificial grass will ensure pet messes and rain puddles don’t collect on the surface of your yard.
- Stain-Resistant. Stain resistant artificial grass will keep your yard looking fresh even after years of cookouts, letting pets out, and playing with the kids outside.
Shop Top Rated Artificial Grass at Arizona Luxury Lawns & Greens
Enhance your home or business with top rated artificial grass from Arizona Luxury Lawns & Greens. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have questions about artificial grass types or want to discuss your property’s specific needs.